Monday 7 March 2011

The Man In the Mirror


The Man in the Mirror
We see the mistakes by other so obvious
The deed we do is oblivious
Often we blame others
A plot so devious

Close a blind eye
That mistake is not mine
I am above the rest none to match
As I am perfect without a scratch

All I did is for the common good
I don’t care if I am in cahoots
Others are just plain wrong
I am right I am strong

I don’t care what I did
Even if it appears so sordid
This is my deed
So what if I am in the wrong indeed!

The blame I put onto you
To cover myself through
Even to a friend I dare do
What more a stranger like you!

A lie or two *
No big deal I am used too
Remember, when and where a finger pointed to?
Four fingers are right back at you

The blaming game is common still
If you don’t do it others will
How much a man – are we of steel?
We are dragged into this against our own will.

A matter so grievous
Has it become so obvious?
Look! The man in the mirror
Is as much at fault as the others!

We give excuses **
Make things more confuse
We profusely refuse
Rather than stand for the truth

In Islam the truth works
Even for a jerk
The man in the mirror is fatuous
When leaving the truth become infectious

* Hadith Narrated Abu Huraira: The Prophet said, "The signs of a hypocrite are three:
1. Whenever he speaks, he tells a lie. 2. Whenever he promises, he always breaks it (his promise). 3. If you trust him, he proves to be dishonest. (If you keep something as a trust with him, he will not return it.)"

** Al-Quran 75:14-15 “Nay, man will be evidence against himself, Even though he were to put up his excuses”

0 comments:

Post a Comment