Wednesday 23 February 2011

“sayyid al-istighfar”



                          “sayyid al-istighfar” 




             (the master supplication for forgiveness)

So many times we fall into mistakes, sometimes you might be rude to others, denying them of their rights or you may deny the rights of Allaah, by committing various sins. We have to always apologise to those we hurt but as well as that, whenever we fall into shortcomings and sin we have to ask forgiveness from Allaah because only He can forgive our sins. One the best du’a of forgiveness to recite is the du’a below.
You can recite this du’a everyday and anytime; in the last third of the night, in sujood as you pray nawaafil Salaah or even as you walk to school or work. To help you memorise repeat the du’a, in the gaps, after the reciter.
Allaahumma anta Rabbee laa ilaaha illaa anta khalaqtanee wa anaa ‘abduk, wa anaa ‘alaa ‘ahdika wa wa’dika mastata’t, a’oothubika min sharree maa sana’t, aboo u laka bini’matika ‘alayya, wa aboo u bi thanbee, fagfirlee, fa innahu laa yagh firuth thunooba illaa ant
“O Allaah you are my Lord, there is none worthy of worship but You. You created me and I am your slave. I keep your covenant, and my pledge to You so far as I am able. I seek refuge in You from the evil of what I have done. I admit to Your blessings upon me, and I admit to my misdeeds. Forgive me, for there is none who may forgive sins but You. [1][2]
………………………………………………………………………………………..
[1] – Hisnul Muslim Du’a no.79
[2] – Whoever recites this with conviction in the evening and dies during that night shall enter Paradise, and whoever recites it with conviction in the morning and dies during that day shall enter Paradise [Al-Bukhari 7/150].

0 comments:

Post a Comment